I just finished season one of HBO’s The Leftovers. Why aren’t people talking about this??? It is like, reeeeeally good. Justin Theroux. Let’s talk bout him for a minute. I’m actually not really sure where he came from. Like, all of a sudden he was around, but I knew little of his work. Mention his name and most people think “Jennifer Aniston’s husband” but I prefer to think of him as “CLOSE FRIEND of Amy Sedaris.” I honestly don’t think I’ve seen him in anything else, but let me assure you, he’s better than Brad Pitt, both looking and acting. #teamjenforever
At any rate, I finished season one and I highly recommend the program. Some thoughts I had, during, and after viewing the first ten episodes:
- Cults don’t seem so bad: outfits are all one color, not like a jump suit; all you have to do is smoke cigarettes all day and not give a fuck.
- Justin Theroux’s eyebrows are probably what Peter Gallagher and Larry Hagman think their eyebrows are.
- Nora Durst is awesome.
- Jill’s friend Amy was in “Bully” on SVU.
- I HATE Matt.
- I LOVE Matt.
- Cult’s are scary and I’m sorry I ever thought it was okay, I just wanted to hang out with Liv Tyler.
- If all the G.R. wants is for people to remember. . .then why did they fuck with the remembrance day parade?
- Tommy, you need to give up on Wayne.
- The fake bodies. No. No. No. No.
- Oh good, Wayne can save Chief.
- I feel sad about the dogs. I want dogs. Oh good, dogs.
- How can this POSSIBLY end in a positive way? Hellfire!
- Wait. . . is this a happy ending?!?!?! I think I feel happy.
- I need to start season two as soon as possible.